Professional Cosmetic Surgery and Healthy Ageing Clinic
This is a newly developing branch of medicine, mostly involved in preventive care medicine. It is strongly based on evidence-based technology. The purpose of this branch of medicine is early detection of disease and overall improvement of quality of life. It also aims to slow down the ageing process by reducing biological ageing. Common age-related symptoms are physical disability, sense of imbalance and faltering youthful vitality – loss of strength, fatigue, inability to concentrate, loss of libido frequent illnesses and so forth.
Age management is exactly what the name suggests. It is not extending an individual’s life, but it is the maintenance of quality and maximum function throughout life. With effective age management we aim to age with grace, while retaining maximum functional fitness and a good quality of life. There is a common misconception that age management means anti-ageing, i.e. the reversal of the ageing process. However ageing is a natural process and reversal is not possible.
The age management program can be started at an early age to get full functional efficiency (functional medicine). It is absolutely essential above the age of forty. The factors that optimise successful ageing are maximum engagement with life activities, avoiding disease and maintaining high cognitive and physical function such as fitness, sleep, sex, diet, stress-control, no drug abuse and controlled alcohol use.
Age management medicine is a lifelong commitment just like taking your car for regular services. It is a synergistic involvement of all systems functioning well within the body.
The aim of the Age Management clinic is to revitalise all organs of the multiple systems in the body, to yield high quality function and rejuvenation. Through the age management programme it is possible to, assess, monitor and maintain the biomarkers of ageing, that indicate the risk of disease . The goal is to make individuals think, feel and perform 10 years younger by:
- Enhancing the immune system
- Improving memory and cognitive function (mental sharpness)
- Reducing total body fat
- Remodelling the body muscles
- Enhancing sexual function
- Increasing the rate of self-healing
- Boosting energy and physical performance
- Reinforcing body composition and strength
- Improving skin tone
- Stabilising blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
The Comprehensive age management program includes
- Integrated professional services
- Assessment of medical history and lifestyle
- Estimation of comprehensive blood and saliva panel for bio markers of ageing, hormone levels and risk factors
- Complete nutritional analysis
- Physical performance testing and biomarker measurement of functional ageing
- Physical examination
- Biological age determination (H-Scan)
- Personalised 'living younger' preventive ageing manual
- One-to-one education
- Optimal nutrition & lifestyle advice
- Nutritional supplement information
- Functional fitness and exercise programme
- Youthful hormone replenishment and bio-identical hormone provision
- Longevity lifestyle improvements
- Stress management techniques
- Stem cells and genomics health
- Importance of maintenance of medical data and regular follow-ups
- Ongoing clinical management