Professional Cosmetic Surgery and Healthy Ageing Clinic
- Please allow yourself plenty of time for the consultation.
We recommend that you bring either your partner, a family member or a close friend to the first consultation.
Please read through the information pack for the procedure you are interested in and if this raises any questions, you may want to write them down so you don't forget to ask at the consultation.
- Having a clear idea in your mind of exactly what it is that you want to improve will enable Mr Prakash to properly evaluate your needs.
- Please take the time to fill in the questionnaire. It is detailed and some of the questions require careful thought, but they are essential to understanding your health status and your expectations, thereby enabling us to offer you the most suitable options.
It's important that you attend the consultation free of stress to allow you to absorb and retain the maximum amount of information. This will ensure you are able to make an informed decision on whether the surgery - and surgeon - are right for you.
- If you have any special needs or require help in any other way (e.g. taxi booking) please let us know and we will do our best to fulfil your requirements.
- We encourage you to research the procedure you are interested in, perhaps on the internet, or to speak to other people who have been through similar surgery. The more prepared you are prior to the consultation, the better.
- Please attend the consultation with your mind open to discussion about the exact results you expect, as Mr Prakash will be able to offer you options from the perspective of one who knows the limitations of any procedure.
- Once Mr Prakash has discussed your procedure in detail with you, please feel free to ask any further questions you may have. We want you to get the maximum benefit from this first consultation.
- If you would like to speak to someone who has had a similar procedure, please let us know at the consultation.
- If your chosen procedure is to rectify an area affected by an injury or fall, please bring along a photograph taken prior to the problem (especially in the case of Rhinoplasty). If you are attending for Breast Augmentation, please bring an extra top or dress to try on for a size trial.
- We recommend that you have at least two consultations before making a final decision. We do not rush clients under any circumstances.
- Please take time to reflect on your consultation and make a note of any further queries you may have for next time.
- It might be a good idea to make your next appointment prior to leaving.
- If we have given you the details of someone to contact who has had similar surgery, you should perhaps get in touch with them at the earliest opportunity, while all your questions are fresh in your mind.
- Please ensure you have a copy of the information leaflet, consent forms for the procedure and a copy of the hospital brochure.
- If you intend to confirm the surgery, please ensure you have a full understanding of all the pre- and post-operative instructions and that you have made sufficient arrangements for help immediately after the procedure. To quote Mr Prakash: "A mind that is not stressed and is in synergy with the body aids quicker healing and produces better end results."
- When you make the appointment for your pre-operative consultation please ensure you allow yourself extra time for any investigations that may be applicable to your procedure e.g. blood tests, eye examination.
- If you are required to buy any special pressure garments for your procedure, please try to purchase them prior to your pre-op consultation so you can bring them along to confirm they are correct.
- Please be prepared for us to take pre-operative photographs and videos (if applicable).
- Please make payment arrangements on the day of confirming your surgery date.
- We will let you know your admission time 3 days prior to the surgery date and will advise you of all pertinent information at that time.
- You will be given arnica tablets and betadine wash (to use around the area of treatment), starting three days prior to the date of surgery.
- Please note smoking must cease at least six weeks prior to surgery as it increases the chance of complications and hinders the healing process.