Professional Cosmetic Surgery and Healthy Ageing Clinic
- A botox training day is held on the first Tuesday of every month.
- This course offers comprehensive information and training in the use of Botulinum Toxin Type A. It includes: Indications and contra-indications to administering the product; gauging the dosage; effective administration techniques; longevity of results; complication management; patient feedback and the future of dynamic facial sculpting with Botox.
- The full-day course runs from 9:30am to 5:30pm with lunch provided. Doctors will watch a factual DVD and receive an extensive information pack about the muscles of the face and full data on Botolinum Toxin Type A. This is followed by an expert discussion/instruction session with Mr Prakash. The course also offers an opportunity to study 3D quantification of facial wrinkles.
- Twenty patients, on average, will be treated by Mr Prakash during the day, ranging from first time patients to those who have been having botox for several years. Mr Prakash administers the treatment while the attending doctors observe. Questions for both the patients and Mr Prakash are encouraged during these practical demonstrations, but time is also put aside to review each session and raise points that require more detailed discussion.
- Although the course finishes at 5:30pm, attendees are welcome to stay on 'til 6:00pm if they would like to discuss anything further. Following the training, doctors are welcome to ring Mr Prakash if they have any queries at a later date.
- A fillers training course is held bi-monthly.
- The programme offers comprehensive training and information on fillers that includes: Types of filler and their advantages and disadvantages; assessment of type and grade to use for each area; effective administration techniques; dosage; weighing patient expectations against limitation of end results; longevity of results; complication management and patient feedback.
- The training is held in the afternoon between 1:30pm and 6:00pm. An extensive information pack is handed out, then instruction by Mr Prakash follows which details patient evaluation, filler administration and patient follow-up.
- Between seven and ten clients attend the training course, ranging from first-time patients to those who have been having fillers for many years. Mr Praksh will treat these clients while the attending doctors observe and questions for both the patients and Mr Prakash are encouraged during these practical demonstrations. During the course Mr Prakash also instructs on 3D volumetric enhancement of the face, and in particular the use of deep fillers on the cheek, chin, brow and temple areas. Mr Prakash also provides information on rejuvenation of facial ageing by volumetric replacement. Attending doctors are welcome to call Mr Prakash if they have any queries after the course.
Patient Assessment and Surgical Training (Preceptorship)
This can be arranged on request. Please ring to make a 30 minute appointment with Mr Prakash. The meeting will enable an understanding of what you are looking for and your suitability for the training requested. If Mr Prakash is able to assist you, a plan of action can then be discussed.